Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm emotionally fragile right now

My wallet was stolen the other day, from my bag, by a primary school student! Talk about daring. At that age I thought talking during silent reading was the ultimate in hell raising...

The little shit, whoever it was, managed to pinch it from my bag at some stage while I was teaching at a local primary school. I had given up all hope of ever finding the wallet and had started my walk home when, lo and behold, there it was, on the road, right in front of the school, emptied of all my credit cards and soaking wet (apparently wallet thieves over here are prone to throwing the evidence into a toilet cistern when their done...)

And while we're on the topic of criminals, a few months ago I witnessed a real life failed attempt at a citizen's arrest! I was about to board my bus when this big beafy guy, who was standing next to me at the time, put one arm in the air and started yelling, "Citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest" . With his free arm he then grabbed at a short stocky guy who happened to be walking by - apparently he'd stolen some chocolates from Tesco's!

The alleged thief, however, carrying two bags of chocolates, was too nimble for his sluggish pursuer and managed sprint around the bus and slip onto it just before the doors closed, leaving the arresting citizen banging on the window like a crazed madman. The bus driver was having none of it, though, as the bus was full he had no intention of letting another passenger on board, good deed or no good deed.

It was then that I thought to myself, God my life is exciting.

Socceroos

I was an emotional wreck after the Aussies' loss to Italy - they just went oh so close, didn't they. What a fantastic effort, though.

Leisa is asking me now if I'll support the Poms, and it was hard explaining to her that it's just not allowed.

"It's out of my hands, honey."

"Why? Is it written in the constitution or something?"

"Yup"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home